- 2 pastries for 9-inch single crust pies
- 3 cups Granny Smith apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- ½ cup white sugar
- Lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Preheat the fryer to 392°F (200°C).
- Cut four 6-inch rounds out of the pie crusts, then fit them into 4 5-inch mini pie-dishes. Cut the remaining crust into 1/8-inch strips and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ingredients until homogenous and let it stand for five minutes to soften the tapioca. Spoon the mixture into pie molds. Use the dough-strips to weave a lattice crust on top of each pie, pinching them to the bottom crust.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cool before serving.