- 7 oz. (300g) starchy potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 oz. (just over 50g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Pepper and salt (for seasoning)
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 oz. (about 50g) breadcrumbs
- Boil the potato cubes in salted water for about fifteen minutes, or until they soften up. Drain them, then mash to your liking. Some prefer finely mashed and creamy, others leave a few chunks here and there. Leave the mashed potato to cool (an hour should do the trick).
- Add the egg yolk, grated cheese, flour and finely chopped chives to the mashed potato. Season with pepper, salt and nutmeg.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C (392°F).
- Mix the bread crumbs and vegetable oil. Shape your croquettes and roll them in the mix (oiled bread crumbs).
- Air-fry for about 4–6 minutes per batch.